Sunday, March 15, 2015

Life is good. Shirts weren't invented in NZ but they could have been.

IOh my goodness. What isn't there to like about NZ. From there easy way of life to the incredible scenery to the wine to the pit fruits to the outdoors life of hiking boating and more. Since I have now shot over 400 pictures I'll just be like the person who bores you to death with a lot of photos. Not really I have tried to pick and choose to share with you. 

We went up the gondola above Queenstown. I didn't do the hand gliding but they were beautiful to look at. 



Then we went to a kiwi bird park. These are nocturnal so we couldn't shoot pictures of them but there were lots of other birds to see

Next stop was a winery. Of course a picture of doors. 


Next day we drove to Milford sound which isn't really a sound but really a fjord. Long drive but absolutely gorgeous. We saw glaciers along the way and went through a tunnel that took about 10 years to dig out 


We boarded a boat for an afternoon around the fjords. With water activities. Then dinner aboard the boat before retiring to bed. Next morning we went into the Tasman sea. And got up close and personal to some waterfalls





That afternoon we traveled to a farm for lunch. 



You can tell that the animals are well loved on this farm. 

The food was delicious. She picked lettuce while we watched for the salad. Everything except the flour for dessert I believe came right from the farm. She was fascinated by the concept in the US of farm tomtable cooking. As that is all they know. 

Our next stop deserves its own start to a post. Stay tuned. More to come. 

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these pictures!!!! (I admit, I would want to try hang gliding there.)

    ReplyDelete