Sunday, March 15, 2015

New Zealand. Home of extreme sports

Not sure I mentioned that bungee jumping was invented in NZ as a sport. 26 or so years ago. So given a chance I did not do it. I couldn't even walk out on the bridge where they jump from. But......thanks to Dana trying ziplining about 6 months ago he decided to do it along with another member of our group. We saw someone decide not to jump (and there are no refunds ) and we saw a nude jumper. (With just the harness on). And Dana jumping. I didn't get the action shots but he did pay for the photos for a keepsake. 





Please note you can't see in this photo but he is about 130 feet above a river. Wow I am so impressed. 

Then onto the small town of Clyde which is at the base of a huge dam to stay at a bed and breakfast. Town is about 3 blocks long. A sleepy contrast the the adrenaline of Danas jump. 









No comments:

Post a Comment