Saturday, March 7, 2015

Queenstown. First impressions.

Smooth and uneventful flight from Sydney to Queenstown. Met at the airport by the person who would be our tour guide once our tour started in 2 days. He did some sidetrips on the way to hotel to see some awesome views, and drive around town to help us get our bearings. Also made suggestions on what we can do in our time before the tour.

Our room at the St Moritz is fabulous. Mini kitchen. Washer/dryer. Bedroom and living room separate. Shower that is separate from tub. All the rooms look out onto the lake. I took some fabulous pictures with my camera that is supposed to send the pictures over to the iPad via wifi but I can't get it to work. Not sure why not. It worked at home. Anyways there are some pictures from the room balcony that I shot with the iPad. They may not post. I am having troubles tonight with getting them to upload to the blog. Well here goes. Of it doesn't work I'll try again tomorrow.

We had a local beer sitting out on the wharf. Walked around town, really quite small, and then had a fabulous fish dinner. I had blue cod and Dana had groper (which is not grouper). This restaurant tries to locally source most all of its product from the South Island of NZ.

We are both exhausted. Trying to stay up,til 8 NZ time. Not sure if we will make it or not.










1 comment: